TRY HOCKEY FOR FREE DAYS
Curious about hockey? In partnership with USA Hockey, the Shoreline Sharks invite kids of all ages to join us on the ice to Try Hockey For Free (THFF) without any commitment.
The fun event is designed for kids WITH or WITHOUT skating experience. Those who can't skate independently will be placed in a Learn to Skate curriculum. Those who can skate independently can participate in our Learn to Play curriculum with the required equipment.
Our certified coaches will use stations and games to introduce the sport of hockey. Additionally, our travel team players volunteer to help, many of whom took their first steps in skates at a Try Hockey for Free Day.
All registered participants will receive a complimentary USA Hockey jersey (youth sizes only) while supplies last and cupcakes following the ice time.
A few notes:
- Skating Experience: no skating experience is needed
- Learn to Skate Equipment: skates and helmet
- Learn to Play Equipment: skates, hockey helmet with cage, hockey gloves, elbow/shin guards, and hockey sticks
- Ice Skate Rental: available at Northford Ice Pavilion
- Arrival Time: be at the rink 30 minutes before start time to check in and dress
- Waivers: participants must have a signed waiver (unless you are a registered USA Hockey member)
Grab some friends and meet us at the rink. It’s fun, great exercise, memorable and FREE! See you on the ice.
USA Hockey organized Try Hockey for Free Events in November and February.
Registration takes place on the USA Hockey website.
Key resources from USA Hockey for parents new to hockey.
Check Back Later...
We are not currently accepting registrations for this program.