Our Learn to Play Clinics are ideal for girls of all ages to try the sport in a safe and fun environment. Our seasoned, certified coaches teach participants the fundamentals of skating and hockey through a mix of drills and small-area games.
A team of seasoned, certified instructors, including former collegiate players, high school coaches, and parents who've played their entire lives share their love for the sport and help girls learn to play hockey.
A fast-moving, station-based format maximizes player development. We use USA Hockey's American Development Model (ADM) as a guideline, ensuring the weekly activities are age-appropriate and, most importantly, engaging. You will be surprised at how quickly your child feels comfortable on the ice and learns basic hockey skills.
We're proud to say that a majority of our travel team players started in our Learn to Play Clinics!
NY RANGERS LTP (Sand Sharks)
- Girls ages 4 - 11
- Free head-to-toe equipment and USA Hockey membership for first timers
- Two 10-week sessions
- Tuition: $295/session
For the 2023-2024 season, we've partnered with the New York Rangers to offer two 10-week Learn to Play Hockey sessions for girls 4 - 11.
NY Ranger alumni and a team of certified coaches will lead on-ice instruction. Players will be grouped by ability to accelerate development.
First-time participants will receive complimentary starter gear: a helmet with a cage, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, shin guards, hockey skates, a hockey stick, a jersey, and socks.
- Hockey basics: stance, stride, knee bend, use of edges, and backward skating.
- Pucks and sticks are added along with small area games as the girls advance
- Session 1: Sept. 10 - Nov. 12
- Session 2: Dec. 5 - Feb 18
- Girls ages 12 - 18
- Learn to Play
- October - March
In support of our belief that you are never too old to learn to play hockey, we are one of the only organizations to offer a clinic for girls 12 and older. Whether they are thinking about playing high school hockey or just want to try the sport, the program will prepare participants for team play.
Former college players and high school coaches instruct the clinic. For those wanting to explore travel hockey, our coaches will assess the players for readiness for team play.
- Skating skills include forward stride, edges, crossovers, and stopping
- Hockey skills include puck handling, passing, and shooting
- Small-area games allow players to practice their skills in a game-like environment.
- End-of-season scrimmage with travel players that puts evertything together, incorporating positioning, rules, and teamwork.
Registration will open in August.
Check Back Later...
We are not currently accepting registrations for this program.